Note: This information was mailed home to families during the week of July 26.
Wisner-Pilger Jr/Sr High School Students and Families,
I hope this message finds you well and that you have had a safe, fun, and “normal” summer break. It is now time to start preparing for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Last year we were grateful to be able to learn in-person, but this year we are hopeful for a full return to all of our regular educational programs, sports, activities, and opportunities for students, families, and staff. I want to wish everyone a great finish to the summer break, and I look forward to seeing students on August 19 for the first day of school.
Students in grades 8-12 should have received their class schedules in the mail, and Mrs. Reese (School Counselor) will be available for students to make schedule changes on August 9h, 10th, and 11th from 9:00-3:00. Students that are new to Wisner-Pilger this year may also use these times to register for classes. Students in 7th Grade will receive their schedules at 7th Grade Orientation on August 17th at 4:00 PM and should have received more information about Orientation in a letter mailed home in early July.
Please note that iGator Rollout (laptop checkout) will also occur over the course of three days on August 9th, 10th, and 11th from 9:00-3:00, allowing students and families to choose a time and date that is most convenient for them. Parents/guardians are welcome to come to iGator Rollout with their student(s) but may also choose to send students with their payment and completed paperwork. Students that are unable to attend iGator Rollout can still bring their forms and insurance deposit when school starts, but they are not guaranteed to receive their laptop immediately.
If you have not already done so, please take note of our school website which works in conjunction with the Wisner-Pilger, NE smartphone app. This app was recently updated and improved, and is a great source for news, announcements, calendar events, lunch menus, and other school-related information. To download the app, please visit www.wisnerpilger.org and select the icons on the bottom, right-hand side of the page for “Download on the App Store” or “Get It On Google Play”. This section of the website also includes links to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube pages where we share news, events, highlights, and livestreams of events.
Finally, enclosed with this letter you will find communication and forms from the Jr/Sr High School Office, Counselor’s Office, Activities Director, and Technology Coordinator. We hope this mailing provides students and families with all of the information and paperwork needed to get the school year started.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact Aric Butterfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-529-3249 (Jr/Sr High School Office).
Yours in Education,
Aric Butterfield, 7-12 Principal
Forms Mailed Home:
- Student’s Schedule
- iGator (Laptop) Forms
- Handbook Receipt Form
- NSAA Form
- Activities Director/Booster Club Letter
- School Counselor's Letter
Forms Needed Prior to Sports Practice:
- Physical Examination
- Handbook Receipt Form
- NSAA Form
- Sports Warning Meeting Form
Important Start of the School Year Dates/Events:
- Sports Warning Meeting - Tuesday, August 3 - 7:00 PM (Sports Boosters Signup at 6:30)
- Fall Sports Begin - Monday, August 9
- Schedule Changes/New Student Registration – Monday, August 9-Wednesdy, August 11 – 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- iGator Laptop Rollout - Monday, August 10-Wednesday, August 11 - 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- All iGator Forms must be signed OR a parent or legal guardian must be present
- The $25 insurance fee must be paid before the laptop can be checked out
- Detention time from last year must be served and all outstanding fines/fees must be paid before a laptop can be checked out
- 7th Grade Orientation - Tuesday, August 17 - 4:00 PM
- A letter has been sent home to families of all incoming 7th Graders
- First Day of School - Thursday, August 19 - 8:15-2:30 (Early Dismissal)
- Second Day of School - Friday, August 20 - 8:15-2:30 (Every Friday will be an Early/2:30 Dismissal for Teacher Inservice)
- Regular Schedule Begins - Monday, August 23 - 8:15-3:44