Note: This information was mailed home to families during the week of July 27.
Wisner-Pilger Jr/Sr High School Students and Families,
It’s time to get ready for another school year! The upcoming year promises to be both interesting and challenging, but at Wisner-Pilger Public Schools, we remain committed to providing our students with purposeful learning experiences and opportunities to succeed. More information regarding school reopening and health procedures will be provided in separate communications from the school district. The following information regarding back-to-school times, dates, activities, and forms is for students in grades 7-12 and assumes minimally restrictive public health measures. Regardless of the specific health measures that are in place, it is safe to presume that masks are highly encouraged, and social distancing will be followed to the maximum extent possible at these events. If more restrictive health measures are put in place, we will make any needed adjustments and communicate those changes on our school website, live feed, Twitter, and Facebook pages.
Student in grades 8-12 will be receiving their class schedules in the mail, and Mrs. Reese (our new School Counselor) will be available for students to make schedule changes on August 10th, 11th, and 12th from 9:00-3:00; new students may also use these times to register for classes. 7th Graders will receive their schedules at 7th Grade Orientation on August 18th at 4:00 PM and should have received information about orientation in a letter mailed home in early July.
Please note that iGator Rollout (laptop checkout) is no longer a single day and will occur over the course of a week prior to school. The hope is that more times and dates to check out laptops will decrease congestion and physical contact between students, families, and school staff; to further this goal, please plan to check out laptops at a time separate from sports practices. Families are also encouraged to fill out the iGator forms ahead of time so that parents/guardians do not need to be physically present while students pick up their laptops. Students that are unable to attend iGator Rollout can still bring their forms and insurance deposit when school starts, but they are not guaranteed to receive their laptop immediately.
If you have not already done so, please take note of our website which works in conjunction with the Wisner-Pilger, NE smartphone app. We will still utilize social media to promote the awesome things that students and staff are doing every day, but important information and school district announcements will be updated on the website and notifications will be sent through the app. To download the app, please visit www.wisnerpilger.org and select the icons on the bottom, right-hand side of the page for “Download on the App Store” or “Get It On Google Play”.
Finally, enclosed with this letter you will find communications and forms from the Jr/Sr High School Office, Counselor’s Office, Activities Director, and Technology Coordinator. Our hope in providing all of these forms in a single mailing is to provide a simpler and healthier way to complete the back-to-school paperwork.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact Aric Butterfield at abutterfield(at)igators(dot)org or 402-529-3249 (Jr/Sr High School Office).
Yours in Education,
Aric Butterfield, 7-12 Principal
- Student’s Schedule
- Student’s Technology Passwords
- iGator (Laptop) Forms
- Handbook Acknowledgent Form and NSAA Form
- Activities Director/Booster Club Letter
Important Start of the School Year Dates/Events:
- Sports Warning Meeting - Tuesday, August 4 - 7:00 PM (Sports Boosters Signup at 6:30)
- Fall Sports Begin - Monday, August 10
- Schedule Changes/New Student Registration – Monday, August 10-Wednesdy, August 12 – 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- iGator Laptop Rollout - Monday, August 10-Friday, August 14 - 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- All iGator Forms must be signed OR a parent or legal guardian must be present
- The $25 insurance fee must be paid before the laptop can be checked out
- In order to decrease congestion and physical contact, please check out laptops at a time separate from sports practices
- 7th Grade Orientation - Tuesday, August 18 - 4:00 PM
- A letter has been sent home to families of all incoming 7th Graders
- First Day of School - Thursday, August 20 - 8:15-2:30 (Early Dismissal)
- Second Day of School - Friday, August 21 - 8:15-2:30 (Every Friday will be an Early/2:30 Dismissal for Teacher In-Service)
- Regular Schedule Begins - Monday, August 24 - 8:15-3:44